September 3, 2003
“Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is.” (Mark 13: 33)
© 2003 by Mary Ann L. Diorio, Ph.D. All Rights Reserved. This devotional may not be copied, in whole or in part, by any means whatsoever, without the written permission of Dr. Mary Ann Diorio. Copies may, however, be forwarded by email, printed out for personal use, or posted on Social Media. All copies must be forwarded or printed out in their entirety, including copyright notice.
Precious Disciple of the Daystar, Jesus Christ,
All signs in the world are pointing to the soon return of Christ. Yet, Scripture tells us that no one but the Father knows the time of ourLord’s return (Mark 13: 32).
The question to focus on, however, is not When will Christ return? but Will I be ready when He returns?
How do we get ready? By watching and praying.
We watch by
1) keeping focused on Jesus;
2) feeding continually on His Word;
3) being alert to Satan’s traps;
4) guarding our hearts by guarding our physical eyes and ears;
5) keeping our armor on (Ephesians 6);
6) refusing to compromise;
7) studying the signs of the times.
We pray by
1) worshipping God;
2) praising Him;
3) spending time in His Presence;
4) keeping a running conversation with Him throughout the day;
5) casting our cares on Him;
6) trusting Him to meet our needs;
7) approaching Him as a little child.
It is time, my precious brothers and sisters, to watch and to pray like never before.
Back to Archives
Copyright 2000-2016. All rights reserved.